Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today's Gratitudes

1. A family friend who is also an oncologist talked to me today (on his day off); our discussion convinced me to use his close-by clinic instead of traveling >1 hour to a big cancer center for my chemotherapy. I am greatly relieved, since this will save time and will be less burdensome to friends and family who will take me to my appointments

2. My mother, who will be staying with us for most of the month of March to care for us during/after my mastectomy. She is also planning to give me her head-coverings and make me some new ones. She is a breast cancer survivor so is also an amazing source of information and understanding

3. Husband who is working on our taxes (I'm so grateful that he's willing to do that miserable tas!) and who is watching the kids this weekend while I attend our church women's retreat

4. That there are some decent-looking wigs out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment