Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teeth & Hair: A Joyful Update

As follow up to my post last month about anticipation, here's a photo of my intrepid 6-year-old daughter who got what she has been waiting for. See that gap? Her loose tooth is finally out! Needless to say, she is ecstatic (and very brave for allowing her former kindergarten teacher to pull it out with a piece of dental floss today. Eww.).

I'm ecstatic too, not only because my daughter's wait is over but because mine is, too. I HAVE HAIR!

Now, before we all get too crazy, let me just say that it's just a tiny, fuzzy bit of new growth. But it's really, truly there! My husband even confirmed it. (He is one of those extremely honest people, so he said, "Of course, there are still some bare patches in the back..." The bald truth, n'est pas?)

No pictures yet, because it's hard to see without the right fuzz-friendly lighting.

I'm so happy! And this is another instance of God's great timing: I started taking the dreaded tamoxifen pills last Monday and noticed the new hair growth on Wednesday. Not only did I not immediately experience every documented tamoxifen side effect upon swallowing the pill but got good news (hair!) while expecting bad (menopause symptoms).

6 comments:

  1. SO happy to hear that you're sporting some fuzz!!! Another answer to prayer. Love you!

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a grin, I prayed for every follicle on your head, that God would WOW you with new growth and a crop of beautiful hair you will recognize as His sweet mercy to you! And while your beauty is so evident and so not about your hair, your humanness and vulnerability in this desire is lovely and real--not superficial. Thank you for your courage to share the excitement about the fuzz! I'm trying to avoid squealing with happiness and attracting attention... SO SO SO HAPPY for you! Grow babies, GROW! (P.S. Your happy daughter told me in the car yesterday that since one tooth fell out, she is trying to wiggle the rest to see which one will be next. Just FYI).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kellie, Jenny, and Genna! Your encouragement means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful news! And thank you for your honesty and beautiful writings.

    ReplyDelete