Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Under Reconstruction

My reconstructive surgery took place this past Monday. All went well. The surgery was short, and the bulkiest of the bandages came off today. Recovery is well underway, thanks to pain meds and lots of assistance from my husband, my sister visiting from NYC, and friends Genna and Carolyn. It worked out beautifully that my sister and her daughter could visit and that their visit coincided with Vacation Bible School, which is 9am to 5pm at our church. With the surgery at the beginning of the week, I've had lots of recovery time and my sister has had lots of work time, while our kids are happily occupied during the day and worn out at night.

It's interesting to realize that, after 40 years of good health, I've had three surgeries in seven months. This time, I knew what to expect and had little fear, which is remarkable when I remember my dread before the other two surgeries. Third time's a charm? Or we could attribute my lack of dread to my now vast experience in the surgical ward and to the more positive nature of this procedure: reconstruction rather than deconstruction. Either way, I'm just glad to be one step farther along on the road to recovery.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a relief to have this part of your treatment over!

    ReplyDelete